Perhaps the most unique part of Arizona is its natural beauty. From desert mountains to cacti, Phoenix and the entire state of Arizona provide breathtaking views at every turn. Whether you are a resident or just visiting the 48th state, you’ll want to spruce up your home garden with some of these memorable plants, shrubs and flowers. Here is a look at some of the best desert shrubs to purchase in this area.
Most Arizona homeowners seek to fulfill two needs for their home landscaping. One is color, and the other is picking shrubs with little to no maintenance required. Luckily, these two things are relatively attainable in the dry, arid climate of Arizona. From orange, green, red and yellow, it is easy to find a wide range of colorful shrubs for your outdoor areas. Plus, most desert plants are perennial, meaning they only need to be planted once. Raw beauty combined with low care makes desert shrubs the most cost-effective choice for your landscaping needs. If you are located in the Phoenix area specifically, all of these shrubs will thrive in your backyard.
Maintenance, as mentioned, is relatively simple for shrubs and other desert plants. Even in the desert, there are ways to further lessen watering and other upkeep of your garden. Tips for Arizona homeowners include watering less and only on trees and shrubs. Stay away from any chemical fertilizers. Instead, opt for organic formulations, exclusively. Experts also suggest inoculating the soil with mycorrhizal root inoculants, which help plants absorb water more efficiently. If you choose to use a sprinkler instead of manually watering the plants, always check to make sure there are no leaks in the sprinkler or other irrigation systems.
Desert Shrub Offerings
Located in Cave Creek, Desert Foothills Gardens has been providing the valley with the very best desert shrub selection for decades. Here’s a look at some of Desert Foothills’ offerings:
- Ocotillo Plants: a favorite choice from the Sonoran Desert, Ocotillo Plants are heavy at its base, but can grow up to 10 meters high.
- Crested Euphorbia: This name of this plant is not the only unique quality of crested euphorbias. This cactus-looking succulent has beautiful fan-shaped branch clusters.
- Indoor Succulents: Looking to add some greenery inside your home as well as outdoors? Desert Foothills Gardens has a wide variety of indoor succulents for purchase.
- Moroccan Mound: This plant does not grow very high or wide, but offers an array of colors, including green, red and yellow.
- Yuccas: These are easily identifiable by its thick, blade-like leaves. Yuccas are perfect outdoor shrubbery choices.
Desert Foothills Gardens Is A Desert Plant Nursery In Cave Creek
Desert Foothills Gardens Nursery offers desert plants and landscape design in Cave Creek, Arizona. If you are looking for the best quality, widest selection, and healthiest plants to put in your landscape or garden in the Phoenix area, Desert Foothills Gardens Nursery is your #1 source. If you would like to view our desert plant selection stop by our nursery in Cave Creek or give us a call at (480) 488-9455.